LoveHate offer an Exchange of item or Change of Mind refund (online purchases only) on full priced items only. For any exchange or change of mind item, notification must be given via email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of receiving the item and returned within 14 days for items delivered within Australia, 28 days for items delivered internationally.
To return an item for Exchange or Change of Mind Refund, please contact us at email@example.com. For exchanges please include within your email the details of what you would like to exchange the item/s for and a contact phone number. We will then advise you on how to return the product to us. We must receive prior notification before the return can be accepted. The cost of posting the returned item/s to Love Hate is to be worn by the purchaser. The cost of posting items chosen for exchange is also to be worn by the purchaser. The original cost of shipping will not be refunded.
Please note there is strictly no Exchange or Change of Mind accepted on Earrings for hygiene reasons.
Please note there is strictly no Exchange or Change of Mind accepted on any Custom or Personalised jewellery, including custom chain lengths, personalised disc necklaces and custom rings. Custom rings and chain lengths can be adjusted for a fee, contact us for a quote. Please see full returns information for Custom Jewellery here.
Sale, discounted or promotional items cannot be returned as part of our Exchange or Change of Mind policy.
Items must be returned in new condition as originally received.
Returns must be sent in an appropriate manner to prevent damage in transit. We highly recommend sending via a registered postal service. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to make sure all items are returned safely and in new condition.
Upon receiving the returned goods your chosen item of exchange will be posted or purchase refunded within 3 days. Refunds will be made to the original method of payment used. All items returned are thoroughly inspected and refund will only be made if goods are deemed to be in original and unused condition.
All items purchased online come lovingly packaged by one of the LH team. Orders are shipped Tuesday-Friday. Kindly note orders received before 1pm will be packed on the same day (where possible).
All parcels shipped within Australia are sent via a trackable service with a courier. Delivery times can range between 1-5 days however most parcels are received within two days. Please ensure all address details are included when making your purchase including business name if applicable. Please be advised a re-delivery fee may be required in some circumstances if address is incomplete. We offer shipping Australia wide and to most locations internationally.
Where possible a business address is preferred to ensure successful delivery. If opting for a residential address please ensure someone is home to receive the delivery between 9am and 5pm.
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries at all.
All of our jewellery is lovingly handmade in our Melbourne studio. Our small team of jewellery makers work with a range of metals, so here is a quick guide to each of those:
- 925 Sterling Silver: This is an alloy of silver containing 92.5% silver and 7.5% of other metals (usually copper) to increase the strength, hardness and to reduce tarnishing.
- Gold Plated 925 Sterling Silver: Gold plated sterling silver jewellery has a layer of gold electrically deposited and bonded on to the surface of the sterling silver, creating an outer layer. The plating will wear down over time to reveal the sterling silver underneath, but read below for some care instructions that will help your jewellery look its best for as long as possible.
- Rose Gold Plated 925 Sterling Silver: Rose gold plated sterling silver jewellery has a layer of rose gold electrically deposited and bonded on to the surface of the sterling silver, creating an outer layer. The plating will wear down over time to reveal the sterling silver underneath, but read below for some care instructions that will help your jewellery look its best for as long as possible.
- Gold Filled: Our gold-filled jewellery has had gold chemically bonded to the base metal, making it more durable finish than a plated piece. It is more water durable than plated and the finish will retain for up to 30 years, if cared for properly.
- Rose Gold Filled: Our gold-filled jewellery has has the gold chemically bonded to the base metal, making it a much thicker and more durable finish. It is more water durable than plated and the finish will retain for up to 30 years, if cared for properly.
- Brass: Brass is an alloy of copper and zinc, giving it a beautiful yellow colour. Brass has a special way of oxidising over time, where a "patina" of black, blue and green is normal and gives unique charm to a piece.
- Gold Vermeil 925 Sterling Silver: Our gold vermeil jewellery is similar to our gold plating, but the gold applied to the sterling silver is 14ct and applied in a layer that is 2.5 microns thick
- Rose Gold Vermeil 925 Sterling Silver: Our rose gold vermeil jewellery is similar to our gold plating, but the rose gold applied to the sterling silver is 14ct and applied in a layer that is 2.5 microns thick
- 9ct, 14ct, 18ct Gold: Carats indicate the proportion of pure yellow or white gold compared to other metals in the gold. 9ct gold contains 37.5% pure gold, 14ct gold contains 58.5% pure gold and 18ct gold contains 75% pure gold.
- The more gold carats, the harder and more durable (and more expensive) the jewellery with be, but all 9ct, 14ct and 18ct gold is classed as fine jewellery and is appropriately strong and durable to be worn everyday for a lifetime. Scratches will appear over time, but 9ct, 14ct and 18ct gold jewellery can be refurbished and maintained so the piece continues to look beautiful for many, many years.
Most of our jewellery can be made up in a 9ct, 14ct or 18ct gold, just get in touch for a quote
Different jewellery needs different care, which is why it is important to take a mental note of what materials your jewellery is made of when you buy it.
Costume jewellery, which is sterling silver, gold and rose gold plated jewellery and gold and rose gold filled jewellery, needs extra special care. All of our jewellery is delicately handcrafted using high quality materials, however there are some steps we recommend to keep your jewellery looking beautiful for years to come:
Fine jewellery, which is 9k to 18ct yellow, white and rose gold and platinum, is made of high strength and durable materials and is well suited to everyday wear over many years. Because the materials are more durable, they carry a higher price tag, but they are also easier to care for. However, there are some suggestions we make to ensure your jewellery stays beautiful for many years to come:
We love to collaborate with you on your dream engagement, wedding or anniversary jewellery. Peruse the Custom section of our website to see some examples of our work, or make an appointment to discuss how we can bring your dreams to life.
Please note that as each of our beautiful Custom rings is handmade to order we are unable to offer returns on these styles, this includes our Signet rings. To ensure you order the right ring size for your finger, we recommend purchasing one of our Ring Multisizers to size your finger at home, available to purchase here.
In the unfortunate case of an incorrect size, we do offer a ring resizing service for a fee. You can also visit us in our North Fitzroy store and we will size your finger to ensure that the ring we make you is a perfect fit.
If you have your eye on an existing LoveHate piece, but would like it in a specific material, like 9ct-18ct yellow or white gold, or with a different stone, send us an email and we can organise a quote for you.
For around a $20 fee, we are able to shorten the chain lengths on most of our necklaces, unfortunately, we are unable to make any chains longer at this time. Send us an email if you are interested in adjusting a chain length. Please note this service is only available for online purchases, or purchases made in our North Fitzroy location, and waiting times of up to a few days will apply.
More information about Custom Jewellery can be found here.
We also love to recycle and remodel old diamonds and gemstones into new jewellery that you’ll love. We know almost everyone has some beautiful stones sitting in a ring that you just don’t wear, so please get in touch to see if we can work some magic for you.
We also offer refurbishing services on LoveHate jewellery. We can re-plate most styles for between $20-$30 depending on the size. Send us an email with a photo of your piece that needs a little extra love, and we can let you know what we can do!
While our jewellery is handmade to a high standard, we understand that sometimes fine jewellery can sustain a little damage. We are able to fix or replace chains (among other repairs) on LoveHate jewellery, so send us an email with a photo of your jewellery, and we will let you know what we can do to bring it back to life! We do offer a 3-month warranty, where faulty jewellery is repaired for no charge, but outside of this period, there is usually a $15-$30 fee for repairs.